Welcome to the Backyard Bounty Podcast! Join Nicole and expert guests as they discuss various topics related to backyard hobby farms, chickens, beekeeping, gardening, and raising livestock.
Table of Contents
Nicole Gennetta is the host of Backyard Bounty, and founder of HeritageAcresMarket.com.
Nicole is a Colorado native and currently lives in Southern Colorado. She has been raising chickens off and on since she was a child, and started beekeeping in 2016.
After becoming a beekeeper, Nicole wanted to expand her knowledge and obtained her Master Beekeeping certificate from Cornell University in 2020.
When Nicole isn’t busy with her farm and sharing her expertise, she enjoys reading, coffee, doing yoga, traveling, and learning.
Submit A Question Or Comment
Leave us a comment or question for Nicole to answer on the show!
You can leave a message right on this page by clicking the “Start Recording” button below. Messages can be up to 5 minutes long, and don’t forget to click “Send” when you are done.
For a mobile friendly page, please tap here.
If you prefer to send us an email with your question or comment instead of a voice message, please contact us.
Backyard Bounty Merchandise
Shop T shirts and other Backyard Bounty Podcast goodies in our shop.
Join The Text Community
Join my texting community to receive podcast updates and easily chat with me via text messages.
Get Behind The Scenes
Starting at only $1 per month, you can support the podcast and get special behind the scenes content.
Submit questions for Nicole to ask upcoming guests, receive a free Backyard Bounty Tshirt, suggest a topic or guest recommendations, and so much more on our Patreon.
Your support helps us to create the best possible episodes and keep them ad free!
Each week we send out an email with the latest podcast episodes and any exciting updates. Sign up now to receive the latest podcast news right in your inbox.
Listen to Backyard Bounty
- Guinea Fowl- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Living Soil, Regenerative Farming, and Cannabis ft. Tony Keady
- Best 2nd Date Location and Backyard Beekeeping Legalities ft. Drake Larson
- Homesteading with Disabilities and Keys to a Happy Marriage ft. Misty Meadows Homestead & Apiary
- Raising Sheep for Lamb & Wool ft. Cloverworks Farm
- Exploring Loose Leaf Teas ft Farmhouse Teas
- Basics of Essential Oils ft. Ashley Preedy
- Hobby Farm or Business? ft Brad Doss
- Raising Rabbits For Meat ft. Nomadic Chicks Homestead
- How To Raise Chickens on Pasture and Process Birds ft. Will Vogl
- Everything You Need To Know About Raising Mealworms ft. Wadudu Insect Center
- Dry Fly Genetic Hackle Chickens ft. Jesse Lerud
- Raising Quail 101 ft. The Urban Aviary
- Philanthropic Gardening and Hugelkultur Beds ft. Ramsgate Ranch
- Caring for Peafowl and Thoughts on Life ft. Douglas Buffington
- Bee Venom Therapy ft Deb Elder
- How To Make Kombucha ft. SoulyRested
- Raising Ducks on Pasture ft Flatlander Farm
- Dangers of Heat Lamps in the Chicken Coop and Safe Alternatives ft. Division Chief Davidson
- Colorado Master Gardener Program ft. Sherie Caffey
- Pasture Raised Eggs & The Truth About Egg Labels ft Sara’s Pick of the Coop
- Essential Oils For Chickens and Other Animals ft. Kerrie Hubbard of City Girl Farming
- The Great Ameraucana vs Easter Egger Debate Answered ft Neumann Farms
- How to Save Seeds ft Baker Creek Seeds
- How To Plan Your Garden ft. Seed To Fork
- Growing Olive Trees ft. Le Creole Farms
- Natural Beekeeping and Honey Bee Folklore ft. Ariella Daly
- Growing Hops ft Great Lakes Hops
- How To Compost ft Adrienne Jones
- Rewilding Bees To Preserve and Protect ft. Michael Joshin Thiele
- Small Space Gardening ft. Kevin from Epic Gardening
- Zero Waste Lifestyle ft. Alchemist Farm
- Controlling Odors and Pests around the Farm and Garden ft. First Saturday Lime
- Fermenting Chicken Feed ft. Scratch & Peck Feeds
- Planning a Backyard Garden ft. Gardenerd
- Native Bees ft. Crown Bees
- Rural Crisis Support ft. Colorado Department of Human Services
- Homesteading with Kids ft. Homestead Honey
- How To Make Your Own Tea Blend ft Farmhouse Teas
- Raising Emus ft. White House on the Hill
- How To Make Water Kefir ft Cultures for Health
- Organic Garden Pest Control ft Jill McSheehy
- How To Be Successful In Worm Composting ft Pauly Piccirillo of Worm Farming Revealed
- CPR In A Feed Store & Airport ft Nicole Kupchik
- Small Scale Food Manufacturing on the Farm ft Sarah of Freville Farm
- COVID-19 Resources for Farmers & Consumers, Food Labels Exposed And Animal Welfare Certifications ft Emily from A Greener World
- What Is Falconry ft Vahé of Falcon Force
- Healing Flower Essences ft Maxine Immelman
- Selective Breeding For Mite Resistant Queens ft Dr. Meghan Milbrath
- Most Important Steps To Growing A Healthy Garden ft Joe Gardener
- Tips, Tricks, and Common Mistakes In Beekeeping For Beginners ft Jeff Ott & Kim Flottum
- Incubating Peafowl Eggs & Raising Chicks ft Douglas Buffington
- Research Updates on Oxalic Acid For Bees & More ft Randy Oliver of Scientific Beekeeping
- How To Agriscape And Why Microclimates Matter When Gardening ft Justin Rohner
- Improving Honey Bee Health For Backyard Beekeepers and Varroa Mite Treatment ft Dr. Dennis van Engelsdorp
- Permaculture & Stories From The Homestead ft Rebekah And Justin Rhodes
- Livestock Guardian Dogs ft Renee of Mountain Woods Farm
- Flow Hive Co-Inventor Stu Anderson Talks Beekeeping History, Flow Hive Benefits & Common Complaints
- What is Colony Collapse Disorder ft Ben of the BIP Tech Team
- Varroa Mite Treatment Options For Honey Bees ft Mark Dykes of Bee Squad
- Key Features Of The Best DIY Chicken Coop ft Matt of Carolina Coops
- Tips For Self Publishing Books ft. Sandra Knauf
- Starting a Backyard Flower Farm ft Julie of Old Truck Flower Farm
- How To Raise Chickens ft Annette of Azure Farm
- How To Make Soap ft Angela of Axe & Root Homestead
- How to Make Maple Syrup ft Michelle of SoulyRested
- Harvesting Rainwater ft Brad Lancaster of Harvesting Rainwater for Drylands and Beyond
- The Best of Backyard Bounty Podcast Gardening Tips and Tricks
- How To Become A Beekeeper & The Denver Broncos ft Joe Komperda the “Average Joe Beekeeper”
- Sustainable Bison Ranching and the History of Bison Ft. Pierre of Bison Du Nord
- Foraging for Mushrooms and Other Wild Edible Plants Ft Orion of Forage Colorado
- Get to Know Nicole Gennetta, Your Backyard Bounty Host, with Patrick Gennetta
- Asian Giant Hornet ft. Cassie of Washington State Department of Agriculture
- Agritourism ft. Dana of Sugar Water Manor
- Information Overwhelm And The Beekeeping Beginner ft Charlotte of Carolina Honey Bees
- Growing Cranberries for the Ocean Spray Coop ft Amber Bristow
- Growing Popcorn and Garden Rules ft Farmer Fred Hoffman
- Fascinating Facts about Bats & How To Attract Them ft Dr. Merlin Tuttle
- Goat and Sheep Health ft Dr. Reid Redden
- Prevention and Management of Common Backyard Chicken Predators ft Dr. Matt Springer
- Growing Mushrooms at Home ft Josh & Megan of Megan’s Mushrooms
- Planting Habitat for Bees and Other Pollinators ft Dr. Marla Spivak
- The Basics Of Raising Goats ft Deborah of Thrifty Homesteader
- How To Make Money Homesteading and Homestead Animal Happiness ft Joel Salatin
- Growing Lavender ft Paola of Sage Creations Organic Farm
- Raising Pastured Pigs For The Homestead and Profit ft Chuck of Sheraton Park Farms
- How to Grow Microgreens from Start to Harvest ft Pamela of Sunshine Green’s Farm
- An Introduction to Raising Pheasants ft. Chris of MacFarlane Pheasants
- History of Beekeeping in North America ft. Dr. Tammy Horn Potter
- Bees, Love and 90 Day Fiance ft. Anna Campisi
- Honey Money Mini Series
Hear Nicole On Other Shows
Listen to Nicole’s interviews on other podcasts:
- Garden Basics with Farmer Fred- Episode 52: Cut Flower Basics. Winter Chicken Care
- The Matt Sodnicar Podcast- Chickens and Bees with Nicole Gennetta of Heritage Acres Market
- Gardenerd Podcast- Bees and Hens with Nicole Gennetta
- Kiwimania Episode 152- The Honeybee Corridor
- The Beginners Garden Podcast Episode 110 – A Gardener’s Guide to Getting Started with Chickens with Nicole Gennetta
- Kiwimania Episode 155- Is Honey Good For Kids?
- My Weird Food Obsession Podcast, Episode 2: What’s a Hobby Farm And How To Start One With Beekeeping And Backyard Chickens