To book Nicole for a speaking engagement or interview, please send an email to Hello(at)heritageacresmarket(dot)com
Table of Contents
Heritage Acres Market
Heritage Acres was started in 2016 by Nicole Gennetta. It is a simple 2-acre backyard hobby farm in Pueblo West, Colorado that Nicole runs with her husband, Patrick. Along with their variety of fowl, they have a quaint peach orchard, charming garden, several bee hives, and their Rottweiler, Honey. Read more about Heritage Acres Market on the About Us page.
Backyard Bounty Podcast
About the show
Backyard Bounty is a podcast that launched in April 2019 and is predominately interview-based, hosted by Nicole Gennetta.
Backyard Bounty aimed toward the many aspects of backyard and hobby gardening, including poultry, beekeeping, animal husbandry, sustainable/natural living, farm entrepreneurship, etc.
Guests include subject matter experts and university researchers.
The overall goal of Backyard Bounty is to educate, inspire, and connect with listeners.
Listeners & Statistics
Our largest listener audience is an even mix of men and women aged 23-34 in the United States listening on Apple Podcasts.
Per Chartable, Backyard Bounty’s average 30-day downloads are approximately 5000-6000. We maintain Top 50 in Apple Podcast Home & Garden category.
While Backyard Bounty does not contain profanity, there are some episodes that discuss farm to table livestock, including harvesting and butchering animals. As such, parents may wish to preview the material before allowing children to listen.
Valuable Information and Fun!
I love this podcast. I discovered it after Nicole was a guest on another Heritage Radio podcast (Farm Report). Nicole provides information on a variety of topics all relevant to those of us trying to work land that we have in our neighborhoods. Keep up the great work Nicole!!!! Update: I really think Nicole has become one of the best sustainability and smallholding podcasters out there. She brings to listeners a broad spectrum of information from guests who are experts in their fields. Her questions are insightful and always add to the conversation.
Meanbear via Apple Podcasts ·United States of America, 11/22/2020
A lot to love, for anybody
You can tell that Nicole is passionate in her pursuit of educating the masses on the many facets of homesteading life. Whether you are growing herbs in your windowsill or have a full-on organic farm in the foothills of the Midwest, there is an eclectic mix of information available here.
Great diversity of topics- not just the usual homesteading topics. Loved the episode on bats.
KCPlantgirl via Apple Podcasts ·United States of America ·12/18/2020
Podcast Cover Art
Get to know Nicole
Nicole is the founder of HeritageAcresMarket.com and the Backyard Bounty Podcast. She lives in Pueblo West, Colorado on a 2-acre hobby farm with her husband Patrick.
Nicole has had chickens for the majority of her life. She currently has chickens, guinea fowl, turkeys, ducks, pheasants, quail, and pigeons.
Heritage Acres is also home to a quaint peach orchard, charming garden, several beehives, and their rottweiler, Honey.
Nicole holds a Master Beekeeper certification from Cornell University and is a Colorado Master Gardener. She has three Associates Degrees and works for the local Community College. Nicole is very passionate about learning!
After serving her community for nearly 9 years as a firefighter/paramedic, Nicole medically retired from the Fire Department in 2019 following an on the job injury.
Nicole’s Short Bio 1
Nicole is the founder of Heritage Acres Market and host of the Backyard Bounty podcast. A Colorado Master Gardener and Master Beekeeper from Cornell University, Nicole has a passion for sharing knowledge with others.
Heritage Acres Market is an online educational resource and community for hobby farmers. Focusing primarily on backyard chickens and beekeeping, a number of topics are covered in the blog and Backyard Bounty Podcast.
The Backyard Bounty podcast covers the many aspects of backyard and hobby farming, including gardening, beekeeping, animal husbandry, sustainable/natural living, farm entrepreneurship, and much more. Nicole also interviews experts who are highly knowledgeable about their subject.
Nicole’s Short Bio 2
Nicole Gennetta is a passionate hobby farmer, animal lover, gardener, and educator.
A Colorado native and medically retired Firefighter/Paramedic, Nicole has been raising chickens since childhood and taught herself how to be a beekeeper in 2016.
Through Heritage Acres Market and the Backyard Bounty podcast, Nicole is devoted to sharing easy to understand, well researched articles to help your hens and hives thrive!
Nicole’s Short Bio 3
Nicole Gennetta is a hobby farmer, Colorado Master Gardener and Certified Master Beekeeper (Cornell University). She is the founder of Heritage Acres Market and the Backyard Bounty podcast.
While Heritage Acres offers a few items in their shop, their signature item is the Columbus Aqua chicken nipple waterer.
Heritage Acres Market is proud to be the only US distributor of the Columbus Aqua poultry watering nipple. These nipples are the ideal waterer for chickens, turkeys, quail, and most all other backyard poultry.
Columbus Aqua poultry nipples are the original horizontal nipple and made in Europe, while all other side mount poultry nipples are made in China.
Join our affiliate program here.
- Southern Colorado Sustainability Expo, October 2019
- Consciously Creating Your 2021
- Garden Basics with Farmer Fred- Episode 52: Cut Flower Basics. Winter Chicken Care
- The Matt Sodnicar Podcast- Chickens and Bees with Nicole Gennetta of Heritage Acres Market
- Gardenerd Podcast- Bees and Hens with Nicole Gennetta
- Kiwimania Episode 152- The Honeybee Corridor
- The Beginners Garden Podcast Episode 110 – A Gardener’s Guide to Getting Started with Chickens with Nicole Gennetta
- Kiwimania Episode 155- Is Honey Good For Kids?
- My Weird Food Obsession Podcast, Episode 2: What’s a Hobby Farm And How To Start One With Beekeeping And Backyard Chickens
- Old Fashioned On Purpose podcast: S5, E4: How to sell products online (and deal with competitors) with Nicole Gennetta
- Radio Chicken Podcast Premiere: Episode 1
- The Urban Farm Podcast: Episode 631: Feeding Chickens
- Bee Propolis: The Honey Bee’s Secret To Hive Health, The Herbal Academy
- Plants for Pollinators, From The Ground Up: A Gardening and Native Plants Quarterly, Volume 9, Issue 1, Spring 2018
- Bees by the River, Nature & Wildlife Discovery Center Nature Journal, Summer 2018
- What kind of sugar should I feed my bees?, KeepingBackyardBees.com, October 2018
- End Of Season Review, KeepingBackyardBees.com, November 2018
- 10 Quick tips for new beekeepers, KeepingBackyardBees.com, April 2019
- Backyard Poultry Health Guide: Diagnosis & Treatment eBook (link)
Press Coverage & Features
- 2017, Pueblo’s Business Bees, Pueblo Pulp
- 2017, Pueblo West beekeeper introduces host-a-hive program, Pueblo Chieftain
- 2017, Facebook Live video with Mother Earth News
- 2019, A pest-eating machine By Bill Radford, The New Falcon Herald
- 2019, Nature doesn’t stop for nothin’ By Bill Radford, The New Falcon Herald
- 2019, This adorable snoring chicken named Chim won the internet, but can chickens really snore?, Insider.com
- 2020, Should I Get Chickens? Pros, Cons and a To-Do Checklist for Hobby Farmers?, HomeAdvisor.com
- 2021, Nicole Gennetta of Heritage Acres Market: From Avocation To Vocation; How I Turned My Hobby Into A Career, Authority Magazine
- 2021, Nicole Gennetta of Heritage Acres Market: “Progress Over Perfection”, Thrive Global
- 2021, Fowl Fodder Fallacies—What to, and not feed chickens, The Epoch Times
- 2021, Nicole Gennetta of Heritage Acres Market: From Avocation To Vocation; How I Turned My Hobby Into A Career, Medium.com
- 2021, 3 Pro Tips to Maintain a Beautiful Yard This Spring, First For Women
- July 20, 2017- First Farm In Pueblo County, Co, Awarded Top Environmental And Animal Welfare Certification (pdf)
Please click the image for full size logo.
Please click the image for full size photo.
Additional photos are available here.